If you ever wondered how Kylie Jenner’s makeup looks so perfect all the time, we have the
answer. The social media queen gave her Snapchat followers a breakdown on how she goes from makeup-free to all dolled up in just a few easy steps. If you’re ready to emulate Kylie’s look, all you have to do is follow the simple instructions below:
30. To match her skin tone perfectly, Kylie mixes a dab of Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation with a bit of Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done on the back of her hand.
29. Using a Beauty Blender, she applies the foundation, making sure to blend well all over.
28. Next, Kylie fills in her eyebrows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in the shade Cara-mel. Light feathery strokes give Kylie the soft yet full brows that she loves.
27. Using a brush, she traces her eyebrows using Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealing Créme in the shade Butterscotch, paying close attention underneath her arches to give her brows more definition.
26. Next, she preps her eyelids using a bit of Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.
25. Now, it’s time for her eyeshadow. She uses a brush to dust a brown shade all over both lids.
24. She uses a darker eyeshadow on her lower lash line. To make sure the shade is
applied impeccably, Kylie advises you to “blend it, girl.”
23. Next up, she uses Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade Custard underneath her eyes, down the bridge of her nose, along her cheeks, and across her forehead.
22. Using her Beauty Blender once again, Kylie blends the concealer into her skin flawlessly.
21. Next, she gets her Beauty Blender nice and wet. Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic told her that using a wet sponge to set your powder makes makeup look less cakey. If Kylie and Mario say it’s true, then we’ll take their word for it.
20. Using her wet Beauty Blender, she sets her concealer using her translucent powder. This technique is called “baking,” and Kylie admits she doesn’t like her makeup to bake for too long.
19. Using a brush, she dusts away all of the translucent powder from her skin.
18. Then, she takes her Chanel Double Perfection Lumiére powder and applies it to her entire face to give her makeup an airbrushed finish.
17. Kylie then applies a darker eyeshadow on her lower lash line.
16. Now it’s time for contouring. She uses Benefit Cosmetic’s Hoola Matte Bronzer to add
definition in the hollow areas of her cheeks and to her jawline.
15. The face isn’t the only area you can contour. You can extend your bronzer down to your neck, décolletage and your chest to give you a more chiseled appearance.
14. Next, Kylie puts her attention back on her eyebrows and uses a bit of Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel to set them.
13. Next is Kylie’s favorite part: putting some color on her skin. Using Sephora's Colorful Face Powder in Passionate, she applies the rosy powder to the apples of her cheeks.
12. To get big and voluminous eyelashes, Kylie uses an eyelash curler. She also admits that
this is the one step in her makeup tutorial that scares her every single time.
11. Using Lancôme mascara, Kylie applies the dark product to her upper lashes, making them stand out even more than before.
10. Kylie then uses a brown mascara for her bottom lashes. She promises this is the key to get a much “softer look” - a tip she learned from her makeup artist Patrick Ta.
9. Next, she traces her waterline using Sephora's 12-hour jumbo eyeliner to make her eyes pop and to give them a doll-like appearance.
8. Then, she cleans up any leftover residue and fixes any mistakes using a Q-tip.
7. Kylie then uses products from her own makeup line: the Candy K pencil lip liner and gloss from Kylie Cosmetics.
6. But wait, she’s not done yet. Next, she adds a bit of Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop highlighter above her cheekbones to give her face a nice glow.
5. Next, it’s time to get your hair Kylie Jenner-ready. She’s a fan of switching up her look
using extensions and wigs in various colors, including blonde, green and fire engine red. When it comes to the perfect hairstyle, Kylie loves to experiment with short hair, long hair and braids.
4. When it comes to getting dressed, Kylie’s style ranges from red carpet gowns to skintight minidresses to low-key athletic pieces, like comfy yoga pants.
3. For footwear, you need to keep things simple. If you’re going for the sporty Kylie look, throw on a pair of Pumas. If you’re dressing up as glam Kylie, she prefers to wear Gianvito Rossi.
2. Now, it’s time to take a bunch of selfies - 500 of them to be exact. Kylie says it takes her a bunch of tries before she finally takes a picture that she actually likes.
1. Post your selfies to your social media accounts, and watch as your followers go absolutely nuts over your new look!
Will you be trying Kylie’s 30-step beauty routine?