The Top Companies in India 2012

Last year was a growing experience for Indian companies, their net sales, Profit after tax(PAT), Net financial assets(NFA), and Market capital got to rise in 2012. Here is the information of the leading companies of India with their capitalized amounts.

5 Reliance Industries Limited

Reliance Industries is an Indian conglomerate holding company, the company is serving in major segments like exploration and production, refining and marketing, petrochemicals, retail and telecommunications and is the second largest private company in India by revenue and profit. The net sales by the last year were $71.1 billion, PAT  amount was $3.8 billion and the NFA amount of the company was $29 billion. The market capital of the company is about $50.76 billion.

4 Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)

ONGC is an Indian multinational company, which produces around 72% of India's crude oil and around 48% of its natural gas. It is one of the largest publicly traded companies by market capitalization in India. ONGC has been ranked 357th in the list of Fortune global 500 world's biggest corporations for the year 2012. The net sales amount of ONGC for last year were $29.5 billion, the PAT amount was $5.7 billion, NFA amount was $27.8 billion and the market capital value of the company is about $42.7 billion.

3 Coal India Limited (CIL)

Coal India Limited is an Indian state-controlled coal mining company. Coal India was formerly owned by the Union Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Coal. Coal India is ranked as one of most valuable companies by market value. The net sales, PAT, NFA and market capital amounts are about $14.9, $2.9, $3.2 and $45.8 billion respectively. It is currently 90% owned by the Government of India with the remaining 10% owned by the public.

2 Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services Limited is an Indian Information Technology (IT), business solutions and consulting service provider company. TCS is an subsidiary of Tata group and is on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. The company is India's largest IT based company in terms of employees working. The net sales, PAT, NFA and market capital amounts of TCS are respectively $9.780, $2.105, $1.260 and $50.696 billion respectively.

1  5. Tata Motors

Tata Motors Limited is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company and a subsidiary of the Tata Group. It is the world's eighteenth-largest motor vehicle manufacturing company, fourth-largest truck manufacturer and second-largest bus manufacturer by volume. Tata Motors is listed on the BSE, NSE and on New York Stock Exchange. It is is ranked 314th in the 2012 Fortune Global 500 ranking of the world's biggest corporations. Its net sales was of $33.1 billion, PAT was $2.7 billion, NFA was of $8.7 billion and market capital value was $14.4 billion. 


More in National Money