Net Worth: Under Review
- Source of Wealth Royalty, Film, Modelling
- Birth Place Philadelphia, Pennsylvnia
- Height 5' 6½" (1.69 m)
- Marital Status Married to Prince Rainier III of Monaco
- Full Name Grace Patricia Kelly
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth November 12, 1929
- Ethnicity Irish and German
- Occupation Actress, Fashion Model and Crowned Princess
- Education New York City’s American Academy of Dramatic Art
- Children Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie
About Grace Kelly
American actress and fashion model Grace Kelly was the wife of Prince Rainier III of Monaco. She was also the Princess Consort of Monaco between 1956 and upon her death in 1982 due to injuries from a car accident.
Grace Patricia Kelly was born on November 12, 1929 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. She studied acting, primarily theater, at New York City’s American Academy of Dramatic Art. She then worked as a stage actress and model before she moved to Hollywood.
Grace began her professional career when she debuted in a minor supporting role in the film 14 Hours. She then starred in High Noon, where she played a mousey Quaker bride. She appeared in Mogambo, which earned her an Oscar nomination and a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress.
Kelly caught the attention of director Alfred Hitchcock, and with the aid of Edith Head, she became the ideal elegant and beautiful blonde. She acted in Hitchcock’s films Dial M for Murder, Rear Window and To Catch a Thief. She appeared in the film The Country Girl, which earned her the Golden Globe and the Oscar awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 1954. She earned a gold record with the success of the song True Love from the movie High Society. She was also voted the Golden Globe’s World Film Actor, Female in 1956.
Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier Grimaldi III of Monaco and became Her Serene Highness Princess Grace of Monaco, giving up her successful acting career to serve her position. She had three children: Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie. She died on September 14, 1982 when her car went off a road in the cliffs of Monaco.