Net Worth: $3.1 Billion
- Source of Wealth Loews Corp., Loews Theatres, Loews Hotels, New York Giants
- Birth Place United States of America
- Marital Status Widowed (Preston Robert Tisch)
- Full Name Joan Tisch
- Nationality United States
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businesswoman
- Education University of Michigan
- Children 3 (Steve, Jonathan, Laurie)
About Joan Tisch
American businesswoman Joan Tisch has an estimated net worth of $3.1 billion as of May 2015 according to Forbes. She is an heir to the Tisch family business, Loews Corporation.
Joan Tisch attended the University of Michigan. She was married to Preston Robert Tisch with whom she has three children named Laurie, Jonathan and Steve. Jonathan currently serves as the co-chairman and head of Loews Hotels. In 1991, Preston Tisch purchased the football team New York Giants. After his death, Joan inherited 50% of the team.
Together with Wilma Tisch, Joan Tisch manages the family business which was built by Laurence and Preston Tisch, their now deceased husbands. Loews Corp. controls businesses like Boardwalk (natural gas pipelines), Diamond Offshore (offline drilling), and CNA (insurance). Wilma’s son Andrew currently sits as the co-chairman while her other son James serves as Loews’ chief executive officer.