Net Worth: $40 Million
- Source of Wealth Television, Shark Tank
- Birth Place Edgewater, New Jersey
- Marital Status Married (Bill Higgins)
- Full Name Barbara Ann Corcoran
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth March 10, 1949
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businesswoman, Investor, Speaker, Consultant, Syndicated Columnist, Author, Television Personality
- Education St. Thomas Aquinas College
- Children 2 (Katie Corcoran, Tom Corcoran)
About Barbara Corcoran
A syndicated columnist, Barbara Corcoran is an investor, TV personality, author consultant, speaker and businesswoman with an estimated net worth of $40 million as of 2012.
After finishing her degree in education from St. Thomas Aquinas College in 1971, she realized that she wanted to be the boss of her business. Two years later, she co-founded The Corcoran Group, a real estate business, with her boyfriend. In the mid-70’s, she started working on with The Corcoran Report which discussed New York City’s trends in real estates.
In 2001, NRT Incorporated acquired The Corcoran Group for only $66 million. This led to her prominence in the real estate industry in New York City. In addition to being an investor to Shark Tank which is aired on ABC, Barbara Corcoran also works as a columnist for Red Book, The Daily Review and More Magazine.
Barbara Ann Corcoran was born on March 10, 1949 in Edgewater, New Jersey. Currently, Corcoran lives in New York City with her husband Bill. The couple has two children together named Katie and Tom.