Net Worth: $1 Billion
- Source of Wealth handling business
- Birth Place Columbus, Georgia
- Marital Status Married (Delores Barr)
- Full Name J. Wayne Weaver
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth January 14, 1935
- Occupation businessman, former NFL team owner
- Education University of Florida
- Children 2 (Brian and Leigh)
About Wayne Weaver
Wayne Weaver is an American businessman and former NFL team owner which has an estimated net worth of $1 billion.
Wayne Weaver started his career in business when he was employed by St.Louis, Missouri based clothing company, Brown Corporation. Then in 1978, he founded his own shoe company.
He became the majority owner of NFL team, Jacksonville Jaguars in 1993. But in 2011, Weaver and his partners decided to sold the team to Illinois-based businessman Shahid Khan, a businessman based in Illinois. The selling of the said team was approved by the NFL owners on December 14, 2011 and was finalized on January 4, 2012.
Weaver and his wife co-founded Jaguars Foundation, an organization that grants $1 million per year to initiatives that assist economically and socially disadvantaged children and families. In 2009, the couple were recognized with the River Advocate Award from the St. Johns Riverkeeper.
J. Wayne Weaver was born on January 14, 1935 in Columbus, Georgia. He is married to Delores Barr and has two children.