Net Worth: $1.25 Billion
- Source of Wealth Ford Motor Company
- Birth Place Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Marital Status Married (Martha Firestone)
- Full Name William Clay Ford, Sr.
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth March 14, 1925
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education Yale University
- Children 4 (William Clay Ford, Jr., Elizabeth Ford, Martha Ford, Sheila Ford)
About William Ford Sr
American businessman William Ford Sr has an estimated net worth of $1.25 billion as of March 2013 according to Forbes. In addition to being an executive at Ford Motor Company, he is also owns and chairs National Football League’s Detroit Lions.
It was in 1963 when he acquired the controlling interest in NFL’s Detroit Lions for only $4.5 million. Today, the franchise is worth $581 million. In the past, he has also served as the Chairman of Detroit Cougars soccer team which played for NASL and U.S.A. Leagues. Today, he is considered as the largest single shareholder in the renowned Ford Motor Company. Prior to his retirement from the company in 2005, William Ford Sr. has served the board of directors of Ford Motor Company for 57 years.
William Clay Ford Sr. was born on March 14, 1925 in Detroit, Michigan, U.S. He completed his Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Yale University. Since 1947, he has been married to Martha Firestone. He has four children named Martha, Shiela, William and Elizabeth Ford. He is the only surviving grandchild of Henry Ford.