Net Worth: $300 Million
- Source of Wealth The One Campaign, MTV, MTV Networks, Viacom
- Birth Place United States of America
- Marital Status Married (Kathy Freston)
- Full Name Thomas E. Freston
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth November 22, 1945
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Business Executive
- Education New York University, Saint Michael's College
- Children 2 (Andrew, Gilbert)
About Tom Freston
American entertainment industry executive Tom Freston has an estimated net worth of $300 million in 2012 .
After completing his Bachelor’s degree from Saint Michael’s College, Tom Freston attended New York University to finish his Master’s in Business Administration degree. After graduation, he started working for Benton & Bowles. Eventually, he moved to Asia to launch Hindu Kush, a textile and clothing business which was later renamed to D’Arcy.
In 1979, he returned to the U.S. to join Warner-Amex Satellite Entertainment Company (WASEC). It was in 1987 when he started serving as the CEO and President of MTV Networks. He served the position for the next 17 years. Through time, MTV Networks was able to launch and and operate networks like VH1, Nick at Night, TV Land, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Country Music Channel, Noggin, Logo, Spike and others.
In 2004, he became the Co-COO and co-president of Viacom. He oversaw Famous Music Publishing, Simon & Schuster, MTV Networks, and Paramount Pictures with Leslie Moonves. Eventually, the company split into CBS Corporation and Viacom. CBS Corporation was headed by Moonves while Viacom was headed by Freston.
Currently, he works for Firefly3 LLC, as a principal. Firefly3 LLC is an investment and consulting company to Moby Media and Vice Media.