Net Worth: $2.2 Billion
- Source of Wealth Business, New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Pelicans
- Birth Place New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Marital Status Married (Gayle Benson)
- Full Name Thomas Milton Benson
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth July 12, 1927
- Occupation Owner of the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans
- Education Loyola University New Orleans
- Children 2 (Tootsie, Robert Carter)
About Tom Benson
American businessman and the owner of the New Orleans Saints, Tom Benson has a net worth of $2.2 billion as of May 2016 according to Forbes rich list. Benson made his money in auto dealerships and small banks, eventually landing the Saints in 1985 for $70 million. After enduring years of losing plus Hurricane Katrina, he was rewarded with a Super Bowl trophy in 2010. Benson and his wife Gayle received the highest papal honor that can be bestowed upon Catholic laypeople in January 2012. The couple has donated tens of millions of dollars to various Catholic organizations and causes over the years.
Earnings & Financial Data
The below financial data is gathered and compiled by TheRichest analysts team to give you a better understanding of Tom Benson's net worth by breaking down the most relevant financial events such as yearly salaries, contracts, earn outs, endorsements, stock ownership and much more.
- Earnings 2012
Value of the New Orleans Hornets, now the New Orleans Pelicans