Net Worth: $1.48 Billion
- Source of Wealth Cars, Automobiles
- Birth Place Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States
- Marital Status Married (Kathy)
- Full Name Roger S. Penske
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth February 20, 1937
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman, Race Car Driver
- Education Lehigh University (Dropout)
- Children 5 (Jay, Gregory, Mark, Blair , Roger Jr.)
About Roger Penske
A well known personality in the world of automobile racing, Roger Penske is an American businessman with an estimated net worth amounting to $1.48 billion as of May 2016 according to Forbes.
Born on February 20, 1937 in Ohio United States, Roger Penske was a successful race car driver in the 1950s. In fact, he was named by Sports Illustrated as Sports Car Club of America Driver of the Year in 1961. After his retirement, he created one of the most popular and successful teams in the history of NASCAR and IndyCar Series.
In the past, he was part of Home Depot and Delphi Automotive as one of its board of directors and after his retirement, he served as the Chairman of Super Bowl XL. Today, Roger Penske is considered as the wealthiest person in the world of racing. Penske Auto Group is currently running more than 300 car dealerships in the US and abroad.
Roger Penske is a graduate of Lehigh University. He currently serves as the director of Universal Technical Institute, Inc. and General Electric (GE).