Net Worth: $5.3 Billion
- Source of Wealth Amway, Orlando Magic
- Birth Place Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
- Marital Status Married (Helen)
- Full Name Richard M. DeVos, Sr.
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth March 4, 1926
- Occupation Businessman, Co-Founder of Amway, Owner of Orlando Magic
- Education Calvin College, Grand Rapids Christian High School
- Children 4 (Dick, Dan, Cheri, Doug)
About Richard DeVos
Richard DeVos is an American billionaire who founded the Amway. He currently owns the NBA basketball team Orlando Magic which he purchased in 1991. He also owned Grand Rapid Griffins, Kansas City Blades and Orlando Solar Blades in the past. Today, the team Grand Rapid Griffins is under the ownership of one of his sons, Dan DeVos.
Richard DeVos also authored and published books which detailed his success in business titled Believe!. He also wrote another book which describes his struggles before and after his heart transplant operation. He was a gubernatorial nominee of Michigan in the 2006 election but was defeated by the incumbent governor Jennifer Granholm.
He has an estimated net worth of $5.3 billion as of November 2016 according to Forbes.
Earnings & Financial Data
The below financial data is gathered and compiled by TheRichest analysts team to give you a better understanding of Richard DeVos's net worth by breaking down the most relevant financial events such as yearly salaries, contracts, earn outs, endorsements, stock ownership and much more.
- Earnings 1991
Amount he paid when he bought Orlando Magic