Net Worth: Under Review
- Source of Wealth The Chernin Group
- Birth Place Harrison, New York, United States
- Marital Status Married (Megan Chernin)
- Full Name Peter Chernin
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth May 29, 1951
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education University of California, Berkeley
- Children 3 (John Chernin, Margaret Chernin, David Chernin)
About Peter Chernin
Peter Chernin is an American businessman who currently serves as the chief executive officer and chairman of The Chernin Group (TCG). Founded in 2009, TCG holds investments in technology, entertainment, and media sectors. In April 2012, a minority of TCG’s stake was sold to the private equity firm, Providence Equity Partners.
Peter Chernin was born on May 29, 1951 in Harrison, New York. Chernin is an alumnus of University of California, Berkeley. He is married to Megan Chernin. He has three children named David, John and Margaret.
Currently, Chernin sits on the board of Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Pandora; Twitter; and American Express. He also chairs Malaria No More. Peter Chernin is considered as one of the world’s most powerful executives in media sector.