Net Worth: $1.85 Billion
- Source of Wealth CenTra, Inc.
- Birth Place Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
- Marital Status Married (Nora)
- Full Name Manuel "Matty" Moroun
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth June 5, 1927
- Ethnicity Lebanese
- Occupation Businessman, Executive
- Education University of Notre Dame
- Children 1 (Matthew)
About Manuel Moroun
Manuel Moroun is the owner of the CenTra, Inc. which holds the Ambassador Bridge, the only privately held border that crosses between Canada and United States. Manuel Moroun has an estimated net worth of $1.85 billion in April 2016 according to Forbes.
In 1946, his father bought the Central Cartage Company, an LTL Trucking Carrier which is now known as the Central Transport International that is also controlled by CenTra Inc. His other assets include logistics support, insurance, air freight and trucking firms.
In January 2012, due to contempt of court, he was threw in jail by a Michigan judge in a dispute with the Michigan state over the access to his Ambassador Bridge found in Detroit. He was released a day after he was sent to jail but the war isn’t yet resolved.