Net Worth: $12.8 Billion
- Source of Wealth Grupo Aval Acciones y Valores, SA,
- Birth Place Bogotá, D.C., Colombia
- Marital Status Married (Fanny Gutiérrez de las Casas)
- Full Name Luis Carlos Sarmiento Angulo
- Nationality Colombia
- Date of Birth January 27, 1933
- Ethnicity Colombian
- Occupation Businessman, CEO
- Education National University of Colombia
- Children 5 (Adriana, María Claudia, Luis Carlos, Sonia, Luz Angela)
About Luis Carlos Sarmiento
Currently seated as the President of Grupo Aval Acciones y Valores, SA, a massive banking conglomerate in Colombia, Luis Carlos Sarmiento is a Colombian businessman with an estimated net worth of $12.8 billion as of January 2018. Apart from being the President, Luis Carlos Sarmiento is also the largest shareholder in the company.
After pursuing a career in building commercial and residential establishments, Sarmiento decided to focus more of his attention to banking and financial service institutions. In 2000, he was named as the top banking mogul in Colombia when he owned 22% of the total banking assets.
To gather his telecommunications, real estates, and banking interests, Luis Carlos Sarmiento founded the Grupo Aval Acciones y Valores.Today, Grupo Aval Acciones y Valores is considered as one of the largest banking groups in Colombia.
In July 2012, Luis Carlos Sarmiento has closed a deal with Hyatt Hotels. The partnership aims to build a Grand Hyatt in Bogota, Colombia. He owns shares in four banks in Colombia. And lastly, Sarmiento has acquired the media company Casa Editorial El Tiempo, which controls Portfolio newspapers and Colombian El Tiempo.