Net Worth: $15.2 Billion
- Source of Wealth Estee Lauder
- Birth Place New York City, New York, United States
- Marital Status Widowed (Evelyn Lauder)
- Full Name Leonard A. Lauder
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth March 19, 1933
- Ethnicity Jewish
- Occupation Businessman
- Education Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Columbia Business School, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia Business School
- Children 2 (William, Gary)
About Leonard Lauder
American businessman Leonard Lauder has an estimated net worth of $15.2 billion in January 2018. He currently serves as the chairman emeritus of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. which operates several cosmetic brands such as MAC Cosmetics, La Mer, Aveda, Clinique, Bobby Brown and Estee Lauder.
Leonard Lauder was born on July 3, 1933 in New York City, New York, United States. He attended Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business after studying at Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He was previously married to Evelyn Lauder who died of breast cancer in November 12, 2o11.
In 1958, he officially joined Estée Lauder at age 25. In 1999, he stepped down as the company’s chief executive officer though he remains to be a member of the board. In 2012, he sold his mother and wife’s jewelry which earned an accumulated sale of $22 million.
Leonard Lauder is known to own some finest cubist paintings in the world which include “Nude Woman in an Armchair”, a Picasso masterpiece made in 1909. In April 2013, he was reported to donate 78 cubist paintings to the New York-based Metropolitan Museum of Art. The famous collection he donated to the museum include 14 by Fernand Léger, 14 by Juan Gris, 17 by Georges Braque, and 33 masterpieces of Picasso.