Net Worth: $1 Billion
- Source of Wealth Cisco Systems Inc.
- Birth Place Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Marital Status Married (Elaine Chambers)
- Full Name John T. Chambers
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth August 23, 1949
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education West Virginia University, Indiana University, Duke University
- Children 2 (Lindsay, John)
About John Chambers
American businessman John T. Chambers has an estimated net worth of $1 billion. He is best recognized as the current Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Originating from Cleveland Ohio, USA, he was born August 23, 1949. At age nine, Chambers was diagnosed with Dyslexia, which, with the help of therapists, he learned to cope with. He attended West Virginia University where he earned his bachelor’s degree, as well as his law degree. Eventually, he studied at Indiana University, where he completed his MBA degree in management and finance.
After completing his MBA, Chambers started working for IBM. Eventually, he worked for Wang Laboratories and US Operations. In 1991, he became a part Cisco, where he served as the senior vice president of Worldwide Sales and Operations. In January 1995, he became the company’s chief executive officer. Since then, the company’s annual revenue increased from $70 million to $46 billion. Since November 2006, he has been serving as the Chairman of the Board of Cisco in addition to being the company’s CEO.