Net Worth: $3.9 Billion
- Source of Wealth Computer Services, Real Estate
- Birth Place Texarkana, Texas, United States
- Marital Status Married (Margot Birmingham)
- Full Name Henry Ross Perot Sr.
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth June 27, 1930
- Ethnicity French, Canadian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education United States Naval Academy, Texarkana College, Texas High School
- Children 5 (H. Ross, Jr., Nancy, Suzanne, Carolyn, Katherine)
About Henry Ross Perot Sr.
American businessman Henry Ross Perot Sr. has an estimated net worth of $3.9 billion as of April 2016, according to Forbes. In 2012, his net worth is estimated to be around $3.5 billion which made him the 101st wealthiest person in the U.S. as Forbes indicated.
Henry Ross Perot Sr. was born on June 27, 1930 in Texarkana, Texas. He attended Texarkana Junior College and United States Naval Academy. Currently, he is married to Margot Birmingham with whom he has five children named Henry Ross Jr, Nancy, Suzanne, Carolyn, and Katherine.
In 1957, he left the Navy to start working for International Business Machines as a salesman. Five years later, he left IBM to establish his own company, Electronic Data Systems (EDS). In the 1960’s, the U.S. government awarded his company with several lucrative contracts including the computerization of Medicare records. In 1968, the company went public and by 1984, General Motors has already acquired the controlling interest of EDS for $2.4 billion.
It was in 1988 when Perot Systems Corporation, Inc. was founded. After a while, he stepped down as CEO and was replaced by his son Ross Perot Jr. Dell acquired Perot Systems Corporation, Inc in September 2009 for $3.9 billion only.