Net Worth: $700 Million
- Source of Wealth NHL Montreal Canadian, Booth Creek Ski Holdings, Globetrotters Communications, Liverpool F.C., Nashville's WSM television station, Storer Broadcasting, Vail, Beaver Creek Ski Resorts
- Birth Place Racine County, Wisconsin
- Marital Status Married (Rose Gillett)
- Full Name George Nield Gillett Jr.
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth October 22, 1938
- Ethnicity White
- Occupation Businessman
- Education Dominican College, Lake Forest Academy, Amherst College
- Children 4 (Foster, Andrew, Alexander, George III)
About George Gillett Jr
Born on October 22, 1938, George Nield Gillett is an American businessman from Wisconsin who is currently worth $700 million.
After graduating from Dominican College in Racine, Wisconsin, George N. Gillett began working as a regional sales manager in Crown Zellerbach. Shortly, he started working for McKinsey & Co as the company’s marketing and management consultant.
In 1966, he became a partner and business manager of Miami Dolphins. On the same year, he bought 20% interest of the NFL franchise Miami Dolphins for only $1 million. Two years later, he sold his interest for $3 million which was used to start his national syndicated radio group, Globetrotters Communications.
His success went on profusely which led him to buy Packerland. Later on, he started the Gillett Communications Company. At first, he bought 3 TV stations. Subsequently, he expanded his business empire by purchasing 22 newspapers and associated plants, 8 TV stations, Storer Broadcasting, and Vail and Beaver Creek ski resort.
However, due to Chapter 11 protection, some of his assets including TV stations were sold which only left him $32.1 million to start his new empire again. In 1995, he repurchased Packerland, and established the Booth Creek Ski Holdings Inc. in 1996 by acquiring ski resorts in Wyoming, Washington, California and New Hampshire. He also bought Grand Targhee Ski and Summer Resort, Swift and Company and a couple of golf courses. He also built Corporate Brand Foods America. George Nield Gillett also has interests in several sports franchises.