Net Worth: $500 Million
- Source of Wealth Real Estate
- Birth Place Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Marital Status Married (Judy Wilpon)
- Full Name Fred Wilpon
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth November 22, 1936
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman, Real Estate Developer
- Education University of Michigan, Lafayette High School
- Children 1 (Jeffrey Wilpon)
About Fred Wilpon
Baseball executive and real estate developer Fred Wilpon has an estimated net worth of $500 million in 2012.
Fred Wilpon’s professional career started in 1980 after purchasing one percent stake in the New York Mets. The rest of the team’s stakes is owned by Doubleday & Co. By 1986, he became a full partner at the Mets when he owned 50% of the team’s stakes. The other half is owned by Doubleday president Nelson Doubleday, Jr.
Since 1980, Wilpon has been serving as the team’s chief executive officer. From 1980 through 2002, he served as the president of the team, and since 2003, he has been serving as Chairman of the Board. On the other hand, his son Jeff is serving as Mets’ COO. Since the 1980’s, he is one of the team’s major shareholder. In addition to Mets, Fred Wilpon is the Chairman of Sterling Equities while his son serves as the executive vice president.