Net Worth: $1.8 Billion
- Source of Wealth Oil, Investments
- Birth Place Fort Worth, Texas, United States
- Marital Status Married (Vicki Skinner Bass)
- Full Name Edward Perry Bass
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth September 10, 1945
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman, Financier, Philanthropist, Environmentalist
- Education Phillips Academy, Yale University
- Children 1
About Edward Bass
Well known philanthropist Edward Bass has an estimated net worth of $1.8 billion as of April 2016 according to Forbes. He is also a financier, environmentalist and businessman who served as the President of the Board of Directors of the philanthropic organization, Sid W. Richardson Foundation. In 2012, he was hailed by Forbes as 239th wealthiest person in America. Furthermore, he currently sits as the Chairman of the Fort Worth-based investment and venture-capital management firm, Fine Line.
Together with John P. Allen, Bass is known to be one of the founders of the Biosphere 2 project in 1984. In the past, he is known to be a great supporter of downtown redevelopment and he has funded several projects that were geared towards environmental conservation.
Edward Perry Bass was born on September 10, 1945 in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S. After attending Phillips Academy, Bass went to Yale University where he completed his bachelor’s degree in administrative science in 1967. Eventually, he returned to Yale for his master’s degree in architecture. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to complete his degree. Currently, he is married to Vicki Skinner Bass with whom he has a child.