Net Worth: $600 Million
- Source of Wealth Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Sparks, Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Lazers
- Birth Place Salt Lake City, Utah
- Marital Status Divorced (JoAnn Muelle)
- Full Name Gerald Hatten "Jerry" Buss
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth January 27, 1933
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education University of Southern California, University of Wyoming
- Children 6 (Johnny, Jim, Jeanie, Janie, Joey, Jesse)
About Dr Jerry Buss
American chemist, real estate investor and businessman Jerry Buss has an estimated net worth of $600 million in 2012. He is known to be the former owner of the National Basketball Association’s the Los Angeles Lakers.
He also owned the Los Angeles Strings of the World Team Tennis. He was also the owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, The Forum, Los Angeles Sparks and NHL’s Los Angeles Kings. Under his ownership, the Lakers won 10 NBA Championships with players like Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal, Pau Gasol, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and with coaches like Phil Jackson and Pat Riley.
Gerald Hatten Buss was born on January 27, 1933 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He took his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Wyoming, then attended the University of Southern California for his masteral and doctorate degrees. He was previously married to JoAnn Mueller. He has six children named Johnny, Jim, Jeanie, Janie, Joey, and Jesse.
In 2012, Jerry Buss has been hospitalized for several months due to a rumored intestinal problem. In February 2013, he was reported to have cancer since 2012. Buss died on February 18, 2013 in Los Angeles California.