Net Worth: $1.71 Billion
- Source of Wealth AT&T, Nextel, Clearview Corporation
- Birth Place Centralia, Washington
- Marital Status Married (Susan McCaw)
- Full Name Craig McCaw
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth August 11, 1949
- Ethnicity White, Australian
- Occupation Businessman, Entrepreneur
- Education Stanford University
- Children 4 (Chase, Julia, Reid, N/A)
About Craig McCaw
A successful entrepreneur and businessman, Craig McCaw earned most of his billions from the cellular industry. He is the founder of Clearwire Corporation and McCaw Cellular which is now part of the AT & T Mobility. In 1994, McCaw and his brothers sold the McCaw Cellular to AT & T for only $11.5 billion. Craig McCaw was actually born to a broadcasting magnate who made a lot of wealth but also incurred a huge sum of debt.
Currently, McCaw serves as the Chairman of Pendrell which is an intellectual property firm set in Seattle area. As of 2012, the firm has already acquired 1,300 U.S. and foreign patents for infrastructure technologies and wireless handsets. Though he stepped down as the Chief Executive Officer of Clearwire Corporation, McCaw still maintains a small stake in the company.