Net Worth: $1.38 Billion
- Source of Wealth Hyundai
- Birth Place Busan, South Korea
- Marital Status Married (Kim Young-Myeong)
- Full Name Chung Mong-joon
- Nationality South Korea
- Date of Birth October 17, 1951
- Ethnicity Korean
- Occupation Businessman
- Education Seoul National University, MIT Sloan School of Management, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, George Washington University, Johns Hopkins University
- Children 4
About Chung Mong-Joon
South Korean politician and businessman Chung Mong-Joon has an estimated net worth of $1.38 billion as of March 2013 according to Forbes. He previously served as Korea Football Association’s Vice President and FIFA’s honorary vice president. Most of Chung Mong-Joon’s fortune is amassed from his investments in Hyundai.
Chung Mong-Joon was born on October 17, 1951 in Busan South Korea. He is a graduate of numerous world renowned educational institutions such as the Seoul National University and Johns Hopkins University. Currently, he is married to Kim Young-Myeong with whom he has four children.
Reports claimed that Chung Mong-Joon has lost almost two thirds of his wealth within just two years. He is the controlling and major shareholder of Hyundai Heavy Industries, which is considered as one of the world’s largest corporations today. He is the son of the deceased Chung Ju-Yung, Hyundai conglomerate founder.