Net Worth: $20 Million
- Source of Wealth Chip Ganassi Racing
- Birth Place Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- Marital Status Married (Cara Small Ganassi)
- Full Name Floyd Ganassi, Jr
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth May 24, 1958
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman, Retired Racecar Driver
- Education Duquesne University
- Children 1 (Tessa Ganassi)
About Chip Ganassi
Retired professional race car driver, and businessman Chip Ganassi has an estimated net worth of $20 million in 2012. He is known to be the chief executive officer and owner of Earnhardt Ganassi Racing which manages teams on the Rolex Sports Car Series, IZOD IndyCar Series, and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
Popular as Chip, Floyd Ganassi, Jr. was born on May 24, 1958 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. He is a graduate of Duquesne University where he completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance.
Currently, he operates one car for Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series Daytona Prototype class, two cars for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and three cars for the IZOD IndyCar Series. His teams have won CART championship titles from 1996 through 1999. For the IndyCar Series, his teams have won championships in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2003. For Indianapolis 500 championships, his teams have won in 2000, 2008, 2010 and 2012.
In addition to his interests in racing, Chip Ganassi has previously served as FRG Group’s Vice President. The group is involved in transportation, real estate and other industries. Today, he partly owns the Major League Baseball team the Pittsburgh Pirates.