Net Worth: $3.6 Billion
- Source of Wealth Banking, Transportation, Sports
- Birth Place Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Marital Status Widowed (Eloise O'Rourke Pohlad)
- Full Name Carl R. Pohlad
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth August 23, 1915
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education Gonzaga University
- Children 3 ( Jim Pohlad, William Pohlad, Robert Pohlad)
About Carl Pohlad
American businessman and financier Carl Pohland has an estimated net worth of $2.6 billion in 2012. From 1984 until his death in 2009, Carl Pohlad was the owner of the baseball franchise the Minnesota Twins.
Carl R. Pohlad was born on August 23, 1915 in Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A. After graduating from Compton Junior College, he went to Gonzaga University but failed to finish his degree. From 1943 through 1946, he went to war. Right after the WWII, he married Eloise O’Rourke Pohlad who died in 2003. Together, the couple has three children named William, Robert and James. In addition to sports, Carl Pohlad acquired most of his net worth from other business ventures in banking and transportation.