Net Worth: $2.9 Billion
- Source of Wealth Finance
- Birth Place Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
- Marital Status Widower (Angela Chao)
- Full Name Bruce Jay Wasserstein
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth December 25, 1947
- Ethnicity Jewish
- Occupation Businessman, Investment Banker, Writer
- Education McBurney School, University of Cambridge, Harvard University, Harvard Law School, Harvard Business School, University of Michigan
- Children 6 (Ben, Pam, Scoop, Jack, Dash, Sky)
About Bruce Wasserstein
American businessman, writer and banking investor Bruce Wasserstein has an estimated net worth of $2.9 billion in 2012.
Bruce Jay Wasserstein was born on December 25, 1947 in Brooklyn, New York, U.S. He was an alumnus of several educational institutions which include the University of Michigan, Harvard Law School, Harvard Business School, McBurney School and the University of Cambridge.
After graduation, Wasserstein started his career at Cravath, Swaine & Moore as an attorney. Eventually, he became the co-head of First Boston Corp. Shortly, Wasserstein Perella & Co. was established which he later sold Dresdner Bank in 2000 for $1.4 billion in stock. Eventually, he left Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein to pursue a career at Lazard Frères.
Wassertein also controlled the private equity firm Wasserstein & Co which holds investments in various industries including media. New York Magazine became a part of his media empire in 2004. In 2007, American Lawyer Media was sold to Incisive Media for $630 million.
Bruce Wasserstein had four wives and six children. His latest marriage was to Angela Chao whom he married in 2009. Bruce and Angela never had a child together but Bruce had six children from his previous relationships named Ben, Pam, Scoop, Jack, Dash, and Sky. At age of 61, Bruce Wassertein died on October 14, 2009.