Net Worth: $1.25 Billion
- Source of Wealth Hedge Funds
- Birth Place New Jersey, U.S.
- Marital Status Married (Cheryl Strauss)
- Full Name David Einhorn
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth November 20, 1968
- Ethnicity Jewish
- Occupation Hedge Fund Manager, Businessman
- Education Cornell University, Nicolet High School
- Children 3
About David Einhorn
Currently serving as the President and founder of Greenlight Capital, David Einhorn is an American hedge fund manager with an estimated net worth of $1.25 billion as of March 2013, according to Forbes.
Einhorn currently serves as the Chairman of Greenlight Capital Re, Ltd, a reinsurance company based in Cayman Islands. He is also a major shareholder at Greenlight Capital Re, Ltd. In the past, Einhorn earned mainstream media attention for short selling the stocks of companies like Lehman Brothers, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and Allied Capital.
David Einhorn was born on November 20, 1968 in Westchester Country in New York. He graduated from Cornell University with a bachelor’s degree in Government. He finished as summa cum laude. Together with his wife and their three children, David Einhorn is living in Westchester Country New York.