Net Worth: $12 Million
- Source of Wealth Inventions
- Birth Place Milan, Ohio, United States
- Marital Status Widowed (Mina Miller)
- Full Name Thomas Alva Edison
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth February 11, 1847
- Ethnicity Dutch
- Occupation Inventor, Businessman
- Children 6 (Theodore Miller Edison, Charles Edison, Thomas Alva Edison Jr., Madeleine Edison, William Leslie Edison, Marion Estelle Edison)
About Thomas Edison
American entrepreneur and inventor Thomas Edison has an estimated net worth of $12 million in 2013. Throughout his entire lifetime, Edison has developed numerous devices that has greatly influenced the world. These devices include electric light bulb, phonograph, stock sticker, recorded music, electrical power, battery for an electric car, mechanical vote recorder, and motion picture camera. He was also considered as the fourth most prolific inventor in the world holding 1,093 patents to his name in the U.S. alone. He also holds numerous patents in Germany, France and United Kingdom.
Thomas Alva Edison was born on February 11, 1847 in Milan, Ohio, U.S. At age 84, he died on October 18, 1931 in West Orange, New Jersey, U.S. From 1886 until the time of his death, he was married to Mina Miller. He had six children named Marion, Thomas, William, Madeleine, Charles, and Theodore.