Net Worth: $30 Thousand
- Source of Wealth Music
- Birth Place New York City, New York, U.S.
- Height 5' 1" (1.55 m)
- Marital Status Divorced (Charles Huggins)
- Full Name Beatrice Melba Smith
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth October 29, 1945
- Ethnicity African-American
- Weight 123 lbs (56 kg)
- Occupation Singer, Musician
- Education Newark Arts High School, Montclair (NJ) State College
- Children 1
About Melba Moore
Born to a family of musician, Melba Moore, Beatrice Melba Smith in real life, is an American R&B singer and actress with an estimated net worth of $30 thousand in 2012.
After graduating from college, Melba Moore decided to become a music teacher but soon after, she pursued a career on music. Her performing career started in 1967 when she played the role of Dionne on the musical Hair. For portraying the role of Lutiebelle on Purlie, Melba Moore received Tony Award for the Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical category. Her impressive portrayal of role on Purlie landed her two film roles and released of two successful albums, Look What You’re Doing to the Man and I Got Love later on.
Later on, she returned to Broadway. She played roles in stage productions like Les Misérables, Sweet Songs of the Soul, I’m Still Standing and Ain’t Misbehavin’.