Net Worth: $70 Million
- Source of Wealth Music
- Birth Place Sleaford, United Kingdom
- Marital Status Married (Heather Lynn Hodgins Kidd)
- Full Name Bernard John "Bernie" Taupin
- Nationality British
- Date of Birth May 22, 1950
- Occupation Lyricist, Singer-songwriter, Poet
- Children 2 (Charley Indiana, Georgey Devon)
About Bernie Taupin
Bernie Taupin has an estimated net worth of $70 million.
The lyricist behind many of Elton John’s most memorable pop hits, Bernie Taupin was born May 22, 1950, in rural Lincolnshire, England. The product of a farming family, his primary musical influence was the gunfighter ballads of Marty Robbins, marking the beginning of a lifelong fascination with the American west that surfaced as a recurring theme throughout his work as a songwriter. Taupin quit school at 16 to accept a job with a local newspaper, followed by a stint at a chicken ranch; at 17, he responded to a Liberty Records advertisement seeking new talent and although the label turned Taupin down, A&R exec Ray Williams suggested he team with aspiring singer/composer Reg Dwight, who months later adopted the name Elton John.