Net Worth: $30 Million
- Source of Wealth Film, Television
- Birth Place Moorestown, New Jersey
- Marital Status Married (Penny)
- Full Name Stephen Douglas Sabol
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth October 2, 1942
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Producer, Sports Filmmaker, Narrator, Cameraman, Entrepreneur, Artist
- Education Colorado College
- Children 1 (Casey)
About Steve Sabol
A well known filmmaker, Stephen Douglas Sabol was also a graphic artist, entrepreneur and producer with an estimated net worth of $30 million in 2012.
After graduating from Colorado College, he started working as cameraman at NFL Films, together with his father, Ed. Steve Sabol is a recipient of 35 Emmy Awards for producing, editing, writing, directing and cinematography. He authored the poem titled “The Autumn Wind” which was later adopted as the unofficial anthem of NFL’s Oakland Traders.
In 2002, he was named by Sporting News magazine as the Sports Executive of the Year. He was also a recipient of prestigious Pete Rozelle Award, a form of recognition given to someone who has made significant contributions to professional football and the National Football League.
Steve Sabol was previously married to Lisa. Their marriage lasted for 10 years and they have a son named Casey. When their divorce was granted, Sabol married Penny, his second wife.
In March 2011, Steve Sabol was diagnosed with brain tumor. After 18 months, he died of brain cancer in New Jersey.