Net Worth: $8 Million
- Source of Wealth Television
- Birth Place Los Angeles, California, United States
- Marital Status Married (Salim Akil)
- Full Name Mara Brock Akil
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth May 27, 1970
- Ethnicity African-American
- Occupation TV Writer, Producer
- Education Northwestern University
- Children 2 (Nasir Brock Akil, Yasin Brock Akil)
About Mara Brock Akil
American producer and television writer Mara Brock Akil has an estimated net worth of $8 million in 2013.
Mara Brock Akil was born on May 27, 1970 in Los Angeles, California. She is an alumna of Northwestern University where she completed her bachelor’s degree in journalism. She is currently married to TV director Salim Akil. The couple has two children together named Yasin and Nasir.
Eventually, her professional career started off with the Fox series titled South Central. She then wrote for Moesha for four seasons, she became a writer and supervising producer for Jamie Foxx Show. She is also associated with the UPN series titled Girlfriends, as well as the spin-off series The Game. Her contributions on Girlfriends earned her a Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series award from BET Comedy Awards in 2005.
In 2009, she worked as a writer and consulting producer for Cougar Town, a suburban sitcome aired on ABC. In 2012, she became the writer and producer for Being Mary Jane on BET.