Net Worth: $23.5 Million
- Source of Wealth TV, Producing
- Birth Place Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Marital Status Married Marlo Thomas (m. 1980), Marge Cooney (m. 1958–1975)
- Full Name Phillip John "Phil" Donahue
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth December 21, 1935
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation TV Personality, Producer
- Education University of Notre Dame, St. Edward High School
- Children Kevin Donahue, Mary Rose Donahue, Michael Donahue, Daniel Donahue, Jim Donahue
About Phil Donahue
American writer, actor, film producer, and media personality Phil Donahue has a Net Worth of $23.5 Million. Phillip John Donahue, born December 21, 1935 in Cleveland, Ohio started early in his life as a production assistant in Ohio’s KYW radio station. Before he started his illustrious career as producer and Television Personality, he attended the University of Notre Dame and in 1957, graduated with a B.B.A. After a first marriage to Marge Cooney until 1975 ended in divorce, he remarried in 1980 to Marlo Thomas. The two marriages saw the birth of five children.
He had a very short career in Albuquerque, New Mexico as a bank check sorter, followed by WABJ Radio’s as program director. This was followed by a stint at CBS Evening news, followed by WHOI-TV in Dayton, Ohio as a morning news anchor.
During 2003, he hosted a talk show at MSNBC, but his net worth is due to his 29-year long running show, “The Phil Donahue Show.” He was the creator and host of the show, broadcasting nationwide from November 6, 1967 until 1996. The Donahue Show ranked twenty-nine out of fifty greatest shows of all time in 2002 by TV Guide Magazine.