Net Worth: $70 Million
- Source of Wealth News Broadcasting
- Birth Place Wharton, Texas, U.S.
- Marital Status Married Jean Goebel (m. 1957)
- Full Name Daniel Irvin "Dan" Rather, Jr.
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth October 31, 1931
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation News Anchor
- Education Sam Houston State University (1953), John H. Reagan High School (1950), Love Elementary School, Hamilton Middle School, South Texas College of Law
- Children Robin Rather, Danjack Rather
About Dan Rather
Daniel Irvin Rather, Jr., known professionally as Dan Rather has an estimated net worth of $70 million. Rather graduated from Sam Houston State University. He is best known as a journalist, and news anchor on the CBS Evening News, and also the series 60 Minutes, on the same network. Like many others in the field of journalism, Dan Rather began reporting for the Associated Press in Huntsville, Texas.
Eventually in time, he moved up to radio, and the Houston Chronicle, which is a large circulation in the Houston, Texas area. Rather eventually would find his break, at the Houston KTRK-TV, an ABC broadcasting affiliate. This led to several more moves in the broadcasting world, until Rather would finally land his position with CBS.
The spot on the CBS station, became popularized by his persona, and professionalism. Dan Rather through his hard work in the field of journalism, has attained a large net worth, becoming one of the elite in the industry.