Net Worth: $40 Million
- Source of Wealth Film, Television
- Birth Place Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Height 6' 2" (1.88 m)
- Marital Status Married (Julie Corman)
- Full Name Roger William Corman
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth April 5, 1926
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Actor, Producer, Director
- Education Stanford University, Beverly Hills High School
- Children 2 (Catherine Corman, Mary Tessa Corman)
About Roger Corman
American film actor, director, screenwriter and producer Roger Corman has an estimated net worth of $40 million in 2013.
Roger William Corman was born on April 5, 1926 in Detroit, Michigan, USA. He is said to have been influential in launching the directorial career of several personalities like Martin Scorsese, Peter Bogdanovich and Ron Howard. He was crucial in launching the career of actors like Jack Nicholson, Talia Shire, Robert De Niro, Bruce Dern, Peter Fonda, and Sandra Bullock.
Prior to his directorial career, Corman has also performed some minor roles in several films, including The Manchurian Candidate, The Apollo 13, Philadelphia, The Godfather Part II, and Silence of the Lambs. It was in the mid-1950s when he began directing films. On his prime years, Corman can produce up to nine films in a single year.
As a director, he was critically acclaimed for his works on eight films which were based on Edgar Allan Poe’s works. These film series include House of Usher, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Premature Burial, Tales of Terror, The Raven, The Haunted Palace, The Masque of the Red Death, and The Tomb of Ligeia