Net Worth: $180 Million
- Source of Wealth Film Directing and Producing
- Birth Place South Shields, England, United Kingdom
- Height 5' 8½" (1.74 m)
- Marital Status Married: Warren Murphy (m. 1988–2002), Partner: Stephen Brackett (2007–)Sandy Watson (m. 1979–1989), Felicity Heywood (m. 1964–1975)
- Full Name Sir Ridley Scott
- Nationality English
- Date of Birth November 30, 1937
- Ethnicity English
- Occupation Film director, Film producer
About Ridley Scott
Ridley Scott is an English movie director and producer with an estimated net worth of approximately $140 million. Ridley gained his wealth by directing many blockbuster movies like Gladiator, Blade Runner and Alien. He is also the brother of deceased filmmaker Tony Scott who committed suicide in 2012.
One of his first movies was Alien in 1979 which reached instant cult status, and was one of the biggest box-office successes at the time. His next movie was also a highly influential Sci-Fi movie starring Harrison Ford called Blade Runner. After that he made many hit movies, such as Thelma And Louise, Gladiator, Matchstick Men and Black Hawk Down.
He has been nominated 3 times for an Academy Award for Best Director, but he unfortunately never won. In last few years he still made few big hit movies like American Gangster with Denzel Washington, and Robin Hood in 2010 with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett.