Net Worth: $50 Million
- Source of Wealth Film Directing, Writing and Producing
- Birth Place Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Height 5' 6" (1.68 m)
- Marital Status Married Akosua Busia (m. 1996–1997)
- Full Name John Daniel Singleton
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth January 6, 1968
- Ethnicity African American
- Occupation Film director
- Children Hadar Busia-Singleton, Cleopatra Singleton, Justice Maya Singleton, Maasai Mohandas Singleton
About John Singleton
John Singleton’s net worth is estimated at $ 50 million. He is an African American screenwriter, film director and producer who acquired most of his wealth from films such as Poetic Justice and Boyz n the Hood. Most of his movies are based on his experiences growing up in the rough part of town.
John Daniel Singleton was born in Los Angeles, California to Danny Singleton and Sheila Ward Johnson. He attended Pasadena City College and USC School of Cinema Arts before graduating from USC in 1990.Later he was enrolled in the University of Southern California’s Filmic Writing program under Marget Mehring who is famous for her curriculum. The program sought to take students directly into Hollywood systems as professional directors and writers.
In 1991, his debut film Boyz n the Hood received 2 Academy Award nominations for Best Screenplay and Director. Aged 24 years he became the youngest person ever to be nominated for Best Director as well as the first African-American to be nominated for the award. Singleton also directed Michael Jackson’s video titled Remember The Time.