Net Worth: $35 Million
- Source of Wealth Film Directing, Writing and Producing
- Birth Place Carthage, New York, United States
- Height 6' (1.83 m)
- Marital Status Married Sandy King (m. 1990) Adrienne Barbeau (m. 1979–1984)
- Full Name John Howard Carpenter
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth January 16, 1948
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Composer
- Children Cody Carpenter
About John Carpenter
John Carpenter is an American screenwriter, director and producer with an estimated net worth of $35 million. He is one of the most influential movie-makers of the last few decades, mostly specialized in horror genre.
Carpenter was born in New York, where he attended middle school in the time when he started making his short horror films, and then he went to Film School USC where he had to leave early to eventually work on his first feature film. His first movie was released in 1974 and it was called Dark Star. Since that movie he got many offers from Hollywood studios, and eventually started making big budget action and horror films like Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween and The Thing.
His movies The Thing and Halloween are still considered as the movies which ultimately changed the horror genre, and are still widely considered as one of the best crafted horror movies of all time. Since then he has directed and produced many movies like They Live, Big Trouble in Little China and Ghosts of Mars.