Net Worth: $65 Million
- Source of Wealth Film Directing, Writing
- Birth Place Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
- Height 5' 11" (1.80 m)
- Marital Status Married Darnell Gregorio-De Palma (m. 1995–1997) Gale Anne Hurd (m. 1991–1993) Nancy Allen (m. 1979–1984)
- Full Name Brian Russell De Palma
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth September 11, 1940
- Ethnicity Italian
- Occupation Film director and Writer
- Children Piper De Palma, Lolita de Palma
About Brian De Palma
Acclaimed director Brian De Palma is estimated to be worth $65 Million as of 2012. De Palma started in Hollywood by directing short films, his first feature movie was “Murder a la mod,” he directed his first major blockbuster “Carrie” in 1976, with Sissy Spacek nominated for an Academy Award in the lead role.
In 1983, he directed “Scarface” starring Al Pacino. The movie was critical panned because of the violence, and Cuban Americans did not like the way they were portrayed in the movie. After a few years, it has become a cult classic and one of the most quoted movies ever.
After the initial disappointment of “Scarface,” De Palma teamed up with Robert Deniro and Kevin Costner for “The Untouchables.” Sean Connery won an Academy Award for his portrayal of wise cop Jim Malone. Brian De Palma collaborated with Al Pacino again in “Carlito’s Way,” it also received mixed reviews, but went on to be a cult classic.
Brian De Palma has not been directing movies with the frequency he used to, his style is still being copied by the new generation of directors, it is their way of paying homage to one of the best directors.