Net Worth: $2 Million
- Source of Wealth Comedy, Movie Directing, Screenwriting, Producing, Acting
- Birth Place Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Marital Status Married Cheri Jones (m. 1990–2001)
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth February 6, 1957
- Ethnicity African American
- Occupation Comedian, Actor, Screenwriter, Director, Producer
- Education Shirley Townsend, Ed Townsend
- Children Skye Townsend, Sierra Townsend, Grace Townsend, Isaiah Townsend
About Robert Townsend
Actor Robert Townsend has a net worth of $2 million. The American actor started his career in the 70s where he would perform at local plays. He already had an innate passion for acting. He tried to finish college by enrolling in Illinois State University and later on in Negro Ensemble Company. However, he felt that studying took him away from his acting career. So, he dropped out and pursued a fulltime career in acting.
Hollywood Shuffle was Townsend’s first project. He wrote, produced, and directed the comedy film. The success of the film propelled him to fame and a good name in the industry. He also made other films, like The Five Heartbeats, Livin’ for Love: The Natalie Cole Story, and Carmen: A Hip Hopera among many others.
Townsend is also a writer, director, network programming CEO, and a producer. His two daughters Skye and Sierra Townsend are both in the industry, as well.