Net Worth: $40 Million
- Source of Wealth Stand-Up Comedy, Film, Television
- Age Deceased at 65 years old on 2005-12-10
- Birth Place Peoria, Illinois, United States
- Marital Status Married (Jennifer Lee)
- Full Name Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth December 1, 1940
- Ethnicity African American
- Occupation Comedian, Actor, Film Director, Social Critic, Satirist, Writer, MC
- Children 7 (Rain Pryor, Richard Pryor Jr., Kelsey Pryor, Steven Pryor, Franklin Pryor, Renee Pryor, Elizabeth Pryor)
About Richard Pryor
The late Richard Pryor has a net worth estimated to be $40 million. Born Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor on December 1, 1940. Pryor was an American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, and MC.
In addition to comedy, Pryor was also an actor and wrote shows like the Sanford and Son as well as his hit comedy show entitled The Richard Pryor Show.
Pryor began his career in 1963 after moving to New York City where he started by regularly performing in clubs alongside other comic greats like Bob Dylan and Woody Allen. He was well known for his fearless nature and uncompromising examinations of racism and topical contemporary issues. Nothing was off limits for him and he always found a way of turning personal tragedy into the most hilarious jokes.
Since passing on in December 2005 after suffering a heart attack; the place Pryor is most remembered for and most revered, is on stage performing stand-up comedy routines that made him one of the most important, influential and respected stand-up comedian of all time.
Earnings & Financial Data
The below financial data is gathered and compiled by TheRichest analysts team to give you a better understanding of Richard Pryor's net worth by breaking down the most relevant financial events such as yearly salaries, contracts, earn outs, endorsements, stock ownership and much more.
- Earnings 1983
- Earnings 1976
Salary from Superman III
Salary from Car Wash