Net Worth: $500 Million
- Source of Wealth Film, Television, Video Games
- Birth Place Portland, Oregon, USA
- Marital Status Married (Agustina Picasso)
- Full Name Matthew Abram Groening
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth February 15, 1954
- Occupation Cartoonist, Writer, Producer, Animator, Voice Actor
- Education The Evergreen State College, Lincoln High School, Ainsworth Elementary School
- Children 3 (Homer, Abe, Nathaniel Philip Picasso)
About Matt Groening
The noted American animator and the creator of the hit animated series, The Simpsons, Matt Groening has an estimated net worth of $500 million as of 2013.
Born in Portland, Matt shifted his base to Los Angeles to fulfill his dream of becoming a writer. He went through a number of day jobs and he described his frustrated life to his friends through a comic book, Life in Hell, which he published himself. The animated strip grew and finally managed to catch the attention of James L. Brooks, one of the biggest names in Hollywood. He requested Groening to develop the characters in Life in Hell for the small screen show Tracey Ullman Show.
As Matt was reluctant to part with the ownership rights of his comic book, he thought of another idea in Brooks’ office. Thus The Simpsons was born. The Simpsons was a huge hit and it actually became a prime time television show that had 490 episodes (23 seasons). In 1997, Groening created the show Futurama which aired 101 episodes in 6 seasons. Matt has won as many as 10 Primetime Emmy Awards for The Simpsons and two for Futurama.
Earnings & Financial Data
The below financial data is gathered and compiled by TheRichest analysts team to give you a better understanding of Matt Groening's net worth by breaking down the most relevant financial events such as yearly salaries, contracts, earn outs, endorsements, stock ownership and much more.
- Earnings 2014
- Earnings 2011
|Earnings 2014||$15.4 Million|
Value of his Santa Monica mansion