Net Worth: $15 Million
- Source of Wealth Comedy Writing, Acting, Songwriting
- Birth Place South Shields, County Durham, England, UK
- Height 6' 1" (1.85 m)
- Marital Status Married Tania Kosevich (m. 1981), Lyn Ashley (m. 1969–1975)
- Nationality English
- Date of Birth March 29, 1943
- Ethnicity English
- Occupation Comedian, Actor, Singer, Songwriter
- Education Pembroke College, Cambridge (1962–1965), University of Cambridge, Royal Wolverhampton School
About Eric Idle
Eric Idle is an English comedian, composer, singer and actor with an estimated net worth of $15 million. Idle is most famous for his work with the surrealist comedy group Monty Python. Recently, he has made forays as a playwright, authoring the book and lyrics for Spamalot, a musical based around the Python’s movie about King Arthur’s quest for the Holy Grail. Recently, Idle penned the play What About Dick.
Idle began his work with Monty Python in 1969. The group produced Monty Python’s Flying Circus, a comedy sketch show that aired on the BBC for four seasons, as well several movies including the aforementioned Holy Grail and Life of Brian. Idle penned a number of songs used by the Pythons in their material, including the famous “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” and “Eric the Half-a-Bee”. Idle penned an oratorio based on The Life of Brian in 2007. Since Monty Python’s breakup in 1983, Idle has worked as an actor, comedian and musician in many TV shows, movies and video games.