Net Worth: $35 Million
- Source of Wealth Writing, Film Adaptations
- Birth Place Monroeville, Alabama
- Full Name Nelle Harper Lee
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth April 28, 1926
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation Writer, Author
- Education Monroe County High School (1944), University of Alabama, Huntingdon College, University of Oxford, University of Alabama School of Law
About Harper Lee
Harper Lee’s net worth is estimated to be $35 million. She is an American author who published her only novel titled To Kill a Mockingbird in 1960. This novel won the Pulitzer Prize that year and also made her the win in 2007 the Presidential Medal of freedom of The United States. This was due to her immense contribution to literature at that time. She has been a recipient of several honorary degrees from different universities but she has always declined to give a speech.
She was born as Nelle Harper on 28th of April, the youngest in a family of four. As a kid, Harper was a typical tomboy who loved reading. She was best friends with her neighbor and schoolmate Truman Capote. She attended the Monroe County High school where she developed immense interest in English literature. When she graduated in 1944, Lee joined the Huntington College in Montgomery an all-female institution. Unlike other students she didn’t care about fashion, dating or applied any makeup. She focused entirely on her education.