Net Worth: $5 Million
- Source of Wealth Film, Television
- Birth Place Cleveland, Ohio
- Marital Status Widowed (Ossie Davis)
- Full Name Ruby Ann Wallace
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth October 27, 1924
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Actress, Poet, Playwright, Screenwriter, Journalist, Activist,
- Education Hunter College, Hunter College High School
- Children 3 (Guy Davis, Nora Day Davis, Hasna Muhammad Davis)
About Ruby Dee
American journalist, screenwriter, activist, poet, playwright and actress Ruby Dee has an estimated net worth of $5 million. She is best recognized for her performance in films such as American Gangster, and A Raisin in the Sun. Throughout her entire career as an actress, Dee has received the Kennedy Center Honors, and the National Medal of Arts. She was also a recipient of several awards which include the Screen Actors Guild Award, Drama Desk, Obie, Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement Awards, Emmy and Grammy Awards.
Ruby Ann Wallace was born on October 27, 1924 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. After attending the Hunter College High School, she went to Hunter College where she earned Spanish and French degrees.
Debuting into the industry in 1940, Ruby Dee is known for her appearance in numerous films and TV programs. However, prior to her acting career on TV and film, Dee has performed in numerous stage and theater productions. In fact, among her most recent appearances on the big screen were in Dream Street, Video Girl, Politics of Love, Red & Blue Marbles, Broadway: Beyond the Golden Age, Long Distance Revolutionary: A Journey With Mumia Abu-Jamal , A Thousand Words, and Lifetime- Betty and Coretta.