Net Worth: $1.5 Million
- Source of Wealth Film, Television
- Birth Place Perth Amboy, New Jersey, U.S.
- Marital Status Divorced (Lynn O'Hare)
- Full Name Robert Hegyes
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth May 7, 1951
- Ethnicity Hungarian, Italian
- Occupation Actor
- Education Metuchen High School, Glassboro State College
- Children 4 (Cassondra, Mac, Alex, Sophia)
About Robert Hegyes
Robert Hegyes was an American actor who is best known for his role as a high school student named Juan Epstein in the 1970s sitcom Welcome Back Kotter. He began his acting career in theaters during high school. A year after his graduation in college, Robert Hegyes starred with Brad Davis in the Off Broadway Drama Naomi Court.
While he was performing in Broadway, Robert Hegyes auditioned for a TV producer James Komack. Later on, he landed on the role of Epstein in Welcome Back Kotter which was aired in 4 seasons from 1975 to 1979. From then on, he guested in several TV shows including The Drew Carey Show, Saturday Night Live with Quentin Tarantino and The Streets of San Francisco co-starring Michael Douglas.
Later on, he became a teacher in his Alma mater, the Rowan University. He teaches screenplay writing, public speaking and acting for camera. When he worked as an adjunct instructor at the Brooks College, he taught public speaking and essay writing.