Net Worth: $15 Million
- Source of Wealth Film, Television
- Birth Place Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Height 5' 9" (1.75 m)
- Marital Status Married (Carolyn Zeifman)
- Full Name David Paul Cronenberg
- Nationality Canadian
- Date of Birth March 15, 1943
- Occupation Actor, Filmmaker, Author, Director, Screenwriter
- Education University of Toronto, Harbord Collegiate Institute, North Toronto Collegiate Institute
- Children 3 (Caitlin, Brandon, Cassandra)
About David Cronenberg
David Cronenberg is a Canadian actor, author, and filmmaker with an estimated net worth of $15 million.
David was born on March 15, 1943, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He started showing interest in literature and music at such an early age. He completed a degree in Literature at the University of Toronto.
As a filmmaker, he is best recognized for creating films with body horror and science fiction themes. He started showing interest in filmmaking in 1966 when his friend, David Secter, released the film titled Shivers. During the 1970s, his films were funded by the Canadian government. He earned mainstream popularity through the numerous films he created including Rabid, Scanners, Videodrome, and The Brood.
Throughout his entire career, he has been a recipient of numerous accolades including Cannes Film Festival’s Jury Prize award. He considers William Burroughs and Vladimir Namokov as his influences. In fact, he made a film adaptation of Burroughs’ most controversial novel titled Naked Lunch. He is also recognized for his other works including Dead Ringers, The Fly, The Dead Zone, M. Butterfly, A Dangerous Method, and Eastern Promises.
As an actor, he has done cameo appearances in Alias, Blood and Donuts, Jason X, Into the Night, and To Die For. As an author, he published his first novel titled Consumed in 2014.