Net Worth: $35 Million
- Source of Wealth NFL, Sports
- Birth Place Decatur, Alabama, United States
- Height 6' 5" (1.96 m)
- Marital Status Married (Tiffany Rivers)
- Full Name Philip Michael Rivers
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth December 8, 1981
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Weight 229 lbs (104 kg)
- Occupation Professional Football Player (NFL)
- Education North Carolina State University, Athens High School
- Children 6 (Peter Rivers, Sarah Catherine Rivers, Halle Rivers, Caroline Rivers, Gunner Rivers, Grace Rivers)
About Philip Rivers
Professional American football player Philip Rivers has an estimated net worth of $35 million. He currently plays in the National Football League for the San Diego Chargers as the team’s quarterback.
Philip Michael Rivers was born on December 8, 1981 in Decatur, Alabama USA. He is currently married to Tiffany Rivers with whom he has two sons and five daughters.
After attending from North Carolina State University, Rivers was selected by the New York Giants as the fourth overall pick of the 2004 NFL Draft. On the draft day, the New York Giants sent him to the San Diego Chargers in exchange for the first overall draft, Eli Manning who indicated prior to the draft that he would not sign for the Chargers.
Along with J.P. Losman, Eli Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger, Rivers was among the four quarterbacks who were selected as first round picks. In August 2004, Philip Rivers was signed by the Chargers to a six-year $40.5 million deal, with signing bonuses worth $14.5 million. When the team’s quarterback Doug Flutie signed to New England Patriots, Rivers moved to #2 on quarterback depth chart. On the 24th of August 2009, he agreed to a six-year extension contract with the franchise which worth $92 million.
To date, Rivers has been selected to Pro Bowl four times (2006, 2009-2011). In 2010, he was named as the NFL Alumni Players of the Year.