Net Worth: $10 Million
- Source of Wealth Football
- Birth Place Brooklyn, New York City
- Marital Status Married (Susan Pohland)
- Full Name Joseph Vincent "Joe" Paterno
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth December 21, 1926
- Ethnicity Italian
- Occupation Former College Football Coach
- Education Brown University, Brooklyn Preparatory School
- Children 5 ( Jay, Scott, David, Diana, Mary Kay)
About Joe Paterno
Born as Joseph Vincent Paterno, Joe Paterno was an American football coach who also served as Penn State Nittany Lions’ head coach. However, his football coaching career ended due to a child sex abuse scandal. As of 2012, his net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
Originating from Brooklyn, New York, Joe Paterno attended Brown University where he played as a cornerback and quarterback. Instead of pursuing his original plans of becoming a lawyer, Joe Paterno was hired as an Assistant football coach at Penn State University, where he later worked as the head coach. While working as the team’s head coach, he led the team to 2 undefeated regular seasons in 1968 and 1969. Later on, the team won championships in 1986 and 1982. In 2007, he became an inductee to College Football Hall of Fame. As a head coach, he has led the team to 37 Bowls, winning 24 of them. He turned down offers to become a head coach to NFL teams like New England Patriots, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Joe Paterno is married to his wife Suzanne Pohland who was 13 years his senior. The couple has five children together named Diana, Mary Kay, Scott, David, and Joseph Jr.