Net Worth: $80 Million
- Source of Wealth Boxing, Sports
- Age Deceased at 74 years old on 2016-06-03
- Birth Place Louisville, Kentucky, United States
- Height 6' 3" (1.91 m)
- Marital Status Married (Yolonda Williams)
- Full Name Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr.
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth January 17, 1942
- Ethnicity African American, Irish, English, Italian
- Weight 228 lbs (103 kg)
- Occupation Professional Boxer (Retired), Philanthropist, Social Activist
- Education Central High School
- Children 9 (Maryum, Muhammad Jr., Jamillah, Rasheda, Hana, Laila, Asaad, Miya, Khaliah)
About Muhammad Ali
A certified cultural icon, Muhammad Ali was a retired professional boxer with an estimated net worth amounting to $80 million. Apart from his life as a boxer, Muhammad Ali was also a known social activist and philanthropist.
Born as Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr, Muhammad Ali had his first taste of success in the ring at age 22 after winning the world heavyweight championship against Sonny Liston. In 1964, he officially changed his name after joining the Nation of Islam. Later on, he got himself converted to Sunni Islam.
Muhammad Ali held the record of being the first and the only lineal World Heavyweight Champion for three times. His historic boxing matches in the past earned him the nickname The Greatest. His most notable boxing matches during his career was with George Foreman, and Joe Frazier. In 1999, he was named by BBC as “Sports Personality of the Century”, and “Sportsman of the Century” by the Sports Illustrated. Ali was best known for his techniques like rope-a-dope and Ali Shuffle, as well as his unorthodox style of fighting.
On June 2, 2016, Ali was hospitalized due to a respiratory condition. The next day, he was put on life support, and before the day ended, he died. He was 74 years old at the time of his death.